Flute Sight-Reading 1
By John Kember and Catherine Ramsden, this new approach to Sight-Reading for the Flute contains nearly 200 graduated pieces in a variety of styles, based on original tunes rather than abstract sight-reading exercises.
- An approach based on self-learning and recognition of rhythmic and melodic patterns.
- Original tunes, rather than abstract sight-reading exercises
- 195 carefully graduated pieces in a variety of musical styles
- Eight sections related to the technical development of the flautist, with tunes using three notes to tunes with a range of two octaves, from low E flat to high B flat
- Each section concludes with a set of duets and accompanied pieces for practice of ensemble sight-reading
- Tunes progress towards all key signatures up to two sharps and flats
- Preliminary towards grade 4