Sight-Reading 1 - A new approach for piano
Schott ED 12736 ISMN M-2201-2263-7
An approach based on self-learning and the recognition of rhythmic and melodic patterns. Preliminary towards Grade 2.
First published in 2004, Sight-Reading 1 for Piano is intended for Beginner to 2. It has 136 original tunes on 52 pages.
Buy this book here: price £9.99
- 136 graduated playing exercises
- both hands given equal emphasis
- begins with 4 notes in each hand
- intervals of 4th and 5th introduced
- range of notes, keys, and rhythms gradually developed
- short pieces in familiar styles using well known finger patterns
- simple hands together introduced
- preliminary towards Grade 2