Violin Sight-Reading 2
Violin Sight-Reading 2 aims to build on the sight-reading skills learnt in book 1 and provides a wealth of more challenging examples so that the pupil may gain even greater confidence when approaching any new piece of music for the first time. In five sections related to the technical development of the violin player. By John Kember and Marguerite Wilkinson.
First published in 2007, Violin Sight-Reading 2 is intended for Grades 4 to 8. It has 149 original tunes on 92 pages.
Buy this book here: price £11.99
- An approach based on self-learning and recognition of rhythmic and melodic patterns
- Original tunes, not abstract sight-reading exercises
- 149 carefully graduated pieces in a range of musical styles
- Tunes progress to eventually include all key signatures up to five sharps and flats; whole-tone, chromatic, modal and atonal elements are also incorporated
- Each section concludes with duets and accompanied pieces for practice os ensemble sight-reading
- Tunes range from Grade 4 to advanced
What they say
“This series is to be embraced by teachers”
“Kember's style is refreshing ... This series is to be embraced by teachers ... A must-have complement to AMEB”
Antoni Bonetti, Stringendo, the Journal of the Australian Strings Association, vol 29 no 2 2007