Oboe Sight-Reading 2
Oboe Sight-Reading 2 aims to build on the sight-reading skills learnt in book 1 and provides a wealth of more challenging examples so that pupils may gain greater confidence when approaching any new piece of music for the first time.
First published in 2008, Oboe Sight-Reading 2 is intended for Grades 4 to 8. It has 123 original tunes on 88 pages.
Buy this book here: price £11.99
- An approach based on self-learning and recognition of rhythmic and melodic patterns
- Original tunes rather than abstract sight-reading exercises
- 123 carefully-graded pieces in a range of musical styles
- Five sections tailored to the technical development of the oboe player
- Tunes progress to include keys of up to five sharps and flats: whole-tone, chromatic and modal elements are also incorporated
- Each section concludes with duets and accompanied pieces for practice of ensemble sight-reading
- Material progresses from grade 4 to advanced level
What they say
“I recommend every oboe teacher to buy a copy ... not just for the reading help but for the pleasure it offers.”
“The tunes are fun, covering many styles, most lasting under a minute and none resembling exercises or studies. Much though has gone into this publication. It is clearly laid out and easy to read ... I recommend every oboe teacher to buy a copy to use in lessons, not just for the reading help but for the pleasure it offers. Excellent value!”
Marion Whittow, 'Music Teacher', August 2008